CFM Continental Fan ECO-FLO Energy Recovery Ventilator (ERV).
Continental Fan’s ECO-FLO Energy Recovery Ventilator (ERV) is the all-in-one ventilation solution for new construction and renovation projects. This compact unit is capable of exhausting stale indoor air and supplying fresh filtered air from outside. The ERV core extracts thermal energy from the exhausted air and uses it to either pre-heat or pre-cool the incoming supply air (depending on the season). The ECO-FLO Energy Recovery Ventilator has the added benefit of indoor humidity control, making it ideal for use in both living and working environments.
Features & Benefits:
- Extracts stale indoor air
- Recovers thermal energy from extracted air
- Supplies fresh, pre-treated air
- Maintains a comfortable humidity setting
- Moisture damage prevention
- Lowers heating and cooling costs throughout the year
- Low energy demand (5.61 W)
- Quiet operation (as low as 0.2 SONES)
- Multifunctional wireless remote control
- Plug-&-Play installation
- Air purification (MERV 6)
- Rated for continuous operation
- New construction
- Renovation projects
- Commercial buildings
ERV vs. HRV: What's The Difference:
An HRV is designed to supply fresh air to a home, and exhaust stale air from the home. The core of an HRV stores heat from the stale exhaust air in winter, and pre-heats the incoming supply air. In the summer, the core is effectively chilled by the exhausted air, and it pre-cools the incoming supply air.
- Suitable in colder climates where there is excess humidity during the heating season.
An ERV does everything that an HRV does. In addition, an ERV allows some of the moisture in the more humid air stream to be transferred to the air stream that is dryer. This limits the amount of moisture that is expelled in the winter and that enters during the summer.
- Suitable for colder climates with no excess humidity during the heating season, as well as for warmer climates with high outdoor humidity in the cooling season.
Not sure whether an energy recovery ventilator is suited for you? See CFM's article: Is an ERV Right for You?
The criteria to be considered when designing a ventilation network are regional climate and square footage of the building. The climate is the deciding factor whether an ERV or an HRV will be more effective, while the square footage determines how many ventilators will be required.
Construction Features of ECO-LO Energy Recovery Ventilator:
Front Grille with Automatic Shutter
- Easy access for filter cleaning or replacement
- Made of high quality snow-white ABS plastic
Reversible Axial Fan
- Efficient EC ball bearing motor (5.7 cfm/W)
- Integrated overheating protection
- 6” diameter
- Suitable for walls of varying thickness
Air Filters (MERV 6)
- Two filters provide air free of dust & pollen
- Filters are washable for easy maintenance
- Recovery efficiency of 90% @ 32 F
- Anti-bacterial treatment
- Stainless steel
- Corrosion proof
Operating Modes of an Energy Recovery Ventilator:
• Shutter is open; fan does not run.
• Air flows freely through the ventilator and is purified by filters.
• Ventilator continuously draws in fresh air from outside.
• Air is purified by the filters.
• Ventilator operates in permanent supply or extract mode.
• Synchronized units can provide balanced ventilation.
• Ventilator alternates between supply and exhaust operation every 70 seconds.
• Thermal energy is recovered, and the humidity setting is maintained.
Warm stale air is extracted from the room. It heats and moisturizes the ERV core, transferring up to 90% of the thermal energy. In 70 seconds, the ventilator switches to supply mode.
Fresh outside air flows through the ventilator, absorbing the accumulated moisture and thermal energy in the ERV core and supplying warmed air into the room. In 70 seconds, the ventilator switches back to extraction mode.
Performance for the ECO-FLO Ventilator:
AIR TEMP. (F)
up to 122
Technical and Dimensional Downloads:
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.